0

4th Grade Projects Spring 2017


Snow Day Snow Angel Self Portraits and Charley Harper Birds

•             I can use my knowledge of value to create a shadow in the snow.
•             I can use my knowledge of space to create the sense of distance in my artwork.
•             I can use a high level of craftsmanship when cutting and gluing.
•             I can use shapes to create a variety of details in my self-portrait or birds. 
•             I can use inspiration from the illustrations of the book, “A Perfect Day” by Carin Berger or the illustrator, Charley Harper




Non-Objective Chalk Pastel Art

Inspired by Contemporary Artist, Moe Brooker
Big Idea: Abstraction
Elements: Color, texture, line, shape, pattern, value




Non-Objective art is artwork without recognizable subject matter. Instead, it focuses on a composition of line, color, shape, texture, and value. After watching a video of Moe Brooker working in his studio, we analyzed his artworks to come to the conclusion that his work was classified in a new style we had never discussed before. Brooker is inspired by jazz music, and often works while listening to music to guide his mark-making. Students were guided with open-ended directions to create a layered piece of non-objective art while using the music they were listening to for mark-making inspiration. This art making experience was intuitive, fun and unplanned, making it more challenging for some than others!

4th Grade Paper Relief Sculptures

·         I can create a form from a flat shape.
o   Cylinder
o   Cube
o   Rectangular prism
o   Triangular prism
o   Cone
o   Pyramid
o   Ellipse
o   Teardrop

·         I can convey a Principle of Design in my sculpture
o   Movement
o   Balance
·         I can create a cohesive work of art within limitations.
o   I chose 2 forms to stick to throughout.

·         I can brainstorm multiple approaches to a problem for art-making.

·         I can give myself and my peers constructive criticism via critique.

·         I can analyze the roles that artists and designers play in our response to the natural or constructed world.

·         I can determine how to prepare art for display, assessing limitations and possibilities.


·         I can select a place for exhibiting artwork and discuss aspects and limitations of the space. 

Constructing a Vessel: Ceramic Mugs

Students learned how to measure and cut slabs of clay to successfully construct a vessel. We textured the outside of our mugs with textures and glazed them with a color scheme. We learned about the stages of clay and the chemical changes that take place within the kiln during firing. 

Chalked Desert Landscapes Inspired by Sushe Felix




Story Book Binding

Students learned 5 binding techniques and chose one to bind their story together that they wrote and illustrated in their classroom. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top